Dedicated, Professional, Good Cook, Sports Fanatic, Dog Lover
- What is your favorite aspect of working at SLPowers?
The family atmosphere and the departments working together to provide the best possible solution for our customers.
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere in the Caribbean or Mediterranean.
- What do you want people to know about Gordon Merle?
When I wake up in the morning, it is a good day! If nothing goes wrong, it’s an even better day! Living in South Florida influences my positive outlook on life. You can always find me on A1A in the morning, walking my Weimaraner Morgan, in Delray Beach.
- Where are you from?
New York City, I have been in South Florida since 1977 and I love it.
- If you were to put on a Lunch & Learn, what sort of presentation would you make?
I would present a Customer Service based seminar focussing on how to set your company apart from other companies with similar capabilities in the industry. A key factor I would emphasize would be how to provide exceptional service for each client. I always say, “People do business with people they know, they like, and they trust.”
- What is your favorite sports team?
The Miami Dolphins! I have been a season ticket holder since 1985, and I haven’t missed a regular season, home game since then.
- Do you have anything exciting on the horizon?
Yes! I am getting married to my wonderful fiancée Joanne, on June 22nd.
- What is your dream job, if you weren’t working for SLPowers?
My dream job would be a professional baseball player, a pitcher for the New York Yankees.
- If you could have dinner with anyone living or dead, who would it be? What three questions would you ask them?
I would want to have dinner with Bill Clinton.
My three questions would be:
- What do you see in today’s political and foreign relations arena that has changed since you were President?
- If you were President today, what economic policies would you put in place to balance the budget, since we were at a surplus when you were in office?
- Who do you see as an up and comer, or foresee as the next Democratic candidate for President in 2016?
- What is your favorite quote?
If I felt any better, I’d be twins. (A Gordon Merle original)